Why should you read my blog?

Why should you read my blog???

Because I said so! No not really...But reading my blog will hopefully be more entertaining than just sitting at your computer with nothing to do. I like to write about a variety of topics depending on my mood. So be sure to check in since you'll never know what kind of mood I'll be in!



Monday, May 9, 2011

What a concept!!

So if you don't remember, or haven't read that post. I am a high school math teacher. I love my job. Really I do. But sometimes my students are just plain frustrating!

It is getting close to the end of the year and so all my students are suddenly turning in late work because they are trying to save their failing grade. One student in particular turned in several missing worksheets and came in today to check on what her current grade was. Since she had turned in some missing work obviously her grade was higher than before. She was very pleased with herself and as she was walking back to her desk she said "Wow I think I am going to keep turning in work. That made my grade higher!" -_- I wanted  to hit my head on my desk. Really?? She was all shocked like this was some new concept. Wow....

But still I love what I do and even the quirks that come with most of my students. They will learn eventually I guess...

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through the EBT. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember highschool, I don't know how you do it! I'd definately be banging my head against the desk... and not only in a figurative manner!
    Love your blog :)

    Tessa
    http://mlniche.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks FabricFascination! I'm glad you found it!

    Thanks Tessa! There are good times though that make up for the times when I feel the need to hit my head on the desk. :-)

    ReplyDelete